2021 Nationals Update #4
Entry Deadline: Friday 29th January 2021…CLOSED! (But we will let you in, if you are really really quick)
The next deadline is the submission of your Free/Free Knowns:
Friday 5th February 2020
And here is the most up-to-date competitor list:
Return of Trophies
For this year…
- At the event, we will have a minivan for transport around the airfield, and to and from your accommodation.
- There will be an LLDA refresher for those who need one.
- We will have the Awards Dinner on Saturday night.
- You must be wearing a hi-viz vest or jacket when on an operational area (buy or acquire one now).
- We will be asking everybody to sign-in, or to use their Covid-19 Tracer App, each day so that we comply with MoH guidelines.
The Thrill of Competition Aerobatics – Race-craft
For all competitors, have a read of the following article, published in Kiwi Flyer and available on our website under Articles, which talks about your prep and ‘race-craft’, which in the motorsport world can be defined as:
‘The total of a racer’s skill (craft) along dimensions including: practicing, qualifying, starts, beginning, mid-race and end-race pace, passing, wear equipment usage, and pit strategy.’
The most common mistake many pilots make is not starting their sequence with enough energy (height and/or speed), so think about what you speed and height need at your first maneuver and STICK TO IT!
Also, if you take a break at any stage (highly recommended in the lower categories), use this break to best effect – CLIMB CLIMB CLIMB and get back to a
good great start point for the recommencing of your sequence.
Call or email me for more info if needed – Grant Benns
(Contest Director/Organiser) 0210629929 firstname.lastname@example.org